Carnaval - Arguineguin (Costa Mogan) 2013

Discussion in 'Gran Canaria Events' started by Gran Canaria Blog, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Some of my favourite Carnival times have been in the Arguineguin Costa Mogan carnival, which this year runs from 26th February - 3rd March. Looking at the poster, it seems that the theme this year is Movies which is quite vast and welcomes many costume ideas.

As with the other carnivals in Gran Canaria, Arguineguin has several show nights in the village market square, so head to the main area each evening of carnival to see Carnival Queen elections, parties and more.

The big parade (cabalgata) is on Saturday 2nd March and starts at 17:00hr on the High School road El Timonel, which a flurry of costumed people and floats in full song and dance will parade through the village round past the Ancora Center (good place for watching) and through to the market square where the party goes on until the early hours.

[IMG]

You may remember the Wild West carnival float from a few years back that took Arguineguin by storm?

Will you be going to this years' Carnival in Arguineguin? I highly recommend any holidaymakers staying in the south the pay a visit and join in the fun, the more the merrier!

[IMG]
    Do you enjoy my blog posts? Love finding out about Gran Canaria and all of it's secrets? Then follow Gran Canaria Blog on the internet! <3
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | GALLERY | FORUM

Continue Reading in grancanariablog.com ..
  2. I went to check out the Carnival in Arguineguin on the first night before the show started so I could take some photos of the interesting stalls and fair rides - you can check them out here, I will be adding more to the album:

http://www.grancanariaphotos.com/arguineguin/carnival-2013/

Tonight was the Drag Queen Gala which I didn't attend but it's usually a popular evening. Friday night comedian Manolo Viera from Las Palmas will take the stage in the market square, and I know many people will be looking forward to watching him. He's very funny, specifically observational humour and he talks about the typical things of the Canaries also.

Saturday of course is the big carnival parade which you can watch from various points of Arguineguin, the Ancora Center is where many people watch from then join in walking/dancing down to the square.

Sunday is the burial of the sardine and the last day of Carnival, there will be fireworks and music.

For the full program and times of the events see this blog post:
    http://www.grancanariablog.com/2013/02/arguineguin-carnival-costa-mogan-2013.html
    Miss Norway likes this.