Casa Martel Steak House Restaurant - Yumbo Shopping Center

Discussion in 'Playa del Ingles Bars & Restaurants' started by Gran Canaria Blog, May 30, 2012.

1. Casa Martel Steak House Restaurant is in the Yumbo Centre in Playa del Ingles. Established in the early 80's Casa Martel serve delicious food. They have a live cooking style flambe area, where you can see the chef cooking steaks and enjoy the grill smells. I have frequented Martel steak house a few times, a lazy Sunday, a busy Carnival night and Canary Islands day (today) and always have the same fantastic service and equally tasty food.

If you are looking for some typical Canarian food, then make sure you try their 'Vueltas a la casera' beefsteak in a gravy served with chunky chips. Today I felt like trying out the 'tortilla francesa' French Omelette, with salad garnish and chunky chips. I must say the salad garnish was lovely and fresh, with the biggest slice of juicy beef tomato I have ever seen. The tortilla was nice and fluffy.

There was no room for dessert this time, but a 'cafe con leche' was a must. The coffee was poured into my cup already and then a little jug of milk was provided so I could adjust the strength of it myself, which is great if you are a bit of a coffee fusspot.

Overall, Casa Martel Steak House deserves a 10 out of 10 - if you are staying in the Playa del Ingles area then it's a recommended. :)

Have you been, what did you eat? What do you think of this restaurant?
  2. Had the pleasure of eating in Casa Martel again on Saturday after watching the GayPride parade and the restaurant soon filled up as it's an official sponsor of Gaypride Maspalomas being in the ideal location inside the Yumbo Center.

I was so hungry that I didn't take any photographs of my food but I enjoyed some Vueltas a la casera as I mentioned in the above post, with some 'champiƱones al ajillo' mushrooms in hot garlic. :)