Fiestas del Carmen Boat Parade

Discussion in 'Gran Canaria Photos' started by Gran Canaria Blog, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Every year to celebrate the Fiestas del Carmen, there is a maritime procession from Arguineguin, to El Pajar then over to Anfi del Mar and on to Puerto de Mogan. The statue of the 'Virgen del Carmen' is placed on one of the fishing boats in Arguineguin harbour after the church mass.

You can choose to pay and go on one of the boats, many of them offering a party atmosphere as they follow the main boat containing the statue. If you don't have sea legs you can choose to watch from your hotel if you have a sea view, or you can watch from one of the coastal paths/beaches.

Many people watch this procession every year, as 'Carmen' sails along the Mogan coastline, bringing protection to the fishermen and villages along the way. This year I watched from the coastline although I was invited to sail with Lineas Bluebird Ferry, which I may do next year.

Here are some photographs from today, I couldn't decide where to watch from so I stopped at different parts of the coast. I tried to watch from Amadores Beach in Puerto Rico, but as you can imagine it was very difficult to park on such a popular fiesta day. I also have a video of the procession, which I will add to my YouTube channel :D

[IMG]

[IMG]

Did you watch or participate in this year's Fiestas del Carmen? What was your favourite part?

[IMG]
    Do you enjoy my blog posts? Love finding out about Gran Canaria and all of it's secrets? Then follow Gran Canaria Blog on the internet! <3
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | GALLERY | FORUM

Continue Reading in grancanariablog.com ..