Gran Canaria Road Trip in Tejeda

Discussion in 'Gran Canaria Excursions & Trips' started by Gran Canaria Blog, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Yesterday the GCBLOG team took a little road trip in the mountains of Gran Canaria. Driving through small pueblos and fincas in the north of the island, right through to Tejeda, the heart of Gran Canaria. The last time we were there, a few weeks ago, it was very cold, foggy and damp, but in Cruz de Tejeda it was possible to walk round in short sleeves enjoying the warmth.

[IMG]

Dinner was enjoyed at El Refugio, with an arrangement of Papas con Mojo, Croquetas, Pimientos Padron and a salad.
    [IMG]

We decided to grab a coffee over the road at Parador Hotel cafe area, which has wonderful views of the woodland and the small pool from the spa area of the hotel.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Continue reading...
    Miss Norway likes this.
  2. Miss Norway Active Member

The lunch looked wonderful....:) Are planning to hire a car for one dag and go to Maspalomas. Hopefully we would get time to drive a short trip up in the mountaint afterwards. How long do it take to drive from Maspalomas to Cruz de Tejada?
  3. The lunch was delicious and certainly worth the trip up :) From Maspalomas I would say approximately 1 hour and a half, if driving slowly and taking time to appreciated the scenery on the way up. Don't forget to put a jacket in the car for when you reach the top, the difference in temperature is unbelievable in Winter especially :)
    Miss Norway likes this.
  4. Miss Norway Active Member

Ok, and thank you for the information. :)
    Gran Canaria Blog likes this.
  5. Miss Norway Active Member

We had a trip up in the mountains. Up to Arucas, Teror and up to Tejada. It was just beautiful up there! It was an arranged trip with bus so we couldnt stop all the places we wanted to, so next time I will consider to hire a car and drive by my self. Now we have been there and know where we want to spend more time. :)I highly recomment a trip up to the north and up in the mountain! The weather was great and we could see all the way to Tenerife when we where nearby Roque Nublo.
    Gran Canaria Blog likes this.