Gran Canaria Weather - January 2013

Discussion in 'Gran Canaria Weather' started by Miss Norway, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Member

looked a bit gray in Gran Canaria at one point today, but no snow like there is here in South Wales and temp was about 21C colder here.
    Gran Canaria Blog likes this.
  2. Miss Norway Active Member

Are enjoying wonderful days in Puerto Rico! Sun is shining and the winter is all forgotten. :)
  3. Yes we've had such beautiful weather, it went a little cloudy today but nothing to worry about, it was still very warm and sunny. I'm really enjoying the sunrises lately which I can see from my location around 8am. I'm attempting to take a photograph of them each day then make some kind of collage for fun.

According to the Government site Inm.es we could have a bit of rain in the Mogan municipality tomorrow (Tuesday) on Wednesday it could get pretty windy with high waves, then sunny until the weekend when we could see some more showers. That could all change though so I will attempt to update daily.
    Miss Norway likes this.
  4. Another lovely day with more of a breeze but excellent if you find a suntrap at the pool or beach.
    Miss Norway likes this.
  5. Another gorgeous day, blue skies, hot sunshine...... no weather warnings, no sign of rain and the week ahead looks great so far! :)
  6. Miss Norway Active Member

Back home, and the last days the snow has arrived..... :( Already miss Gran Canaria and the sun. Are going to Phuket in the easter, so its good to have something to look forward to when the snow is falling down. :D
  7. Awww you are back home already? But how about that Canarian sunshine? Sometimes it's unbelievable how nice and warm it can be here in Gran Canaria whilst other places in Europe are blanketed in snow. I take you had a good time and if you have any tips or reviews of you accommodation you can put them in the accommodation section of the forum. Maybe a favourite restaurant? It all helps others coming to visit. :) It won't be long until Easter! You will be on your next holiday before you know it :)

We have another lovely day here, sunshine and more sunshine forecast for the week ahead.
  8. Miss Norway Active Member

We had very nice weather, the whole week. We was on a roundtrip on the island, all up to the highest top, and even there we had sun and nice temperature. So I think we were very lucky!
    I can try to write a few accommodations, even I sometimes dont find the right words in english....... :) Hope to be back in a year or so! :D
  9. So happy you had great weather for your whole week, it's been a beautiful January so far. Did you have fun on your island trip, did you see Mt. Teide in Tenerife from the top view? It's amazing up there.

Yes please do share a few of your recommendations and don't worry about finding the right words you have fantastic photos too, this forum is for all nationalities who love the island :) Maybe one day if the forum gets bigger we can have different sections for multi languages.

Getting to the weather, today is another blue canvas sky - lovely temperatures around 25ºc degrees right now at 4pm and once again the forecast is looking good! :)
  10. Miss Norway Active Member

Yes, we did see Tenerife. :) Not a cloud in sight when we drove up to the mountains, so we were very lucky! :D
    I`ll post some photos. :)
  11. Miss Norway Active Member

For a long time ago you (admin) postet a link/pictures from the mountains where we could se snow/ice. I cant find this now. Just wondered if it was the same place I visited on my last trip. Do you know wich picture I mean?
  12. Miss Norway Active Member

Yes, that was the pictures I meant! Thank you. :D Now I really can see that we where very lucky with the weather on our trip up in the mountaint. I have posted some pictures now, and there you can see it. :)
  13. Last night began to get very windy here in the south of Gran Canaria, and today although we have bright blue sky and hot sunshine, it's very windy. I can tell the wind is blowing from Africa off the desert as there is a light coating of sand on everything I touch.

There was no weather warning for this calima as we call it, so I presume it will be gone within a couple of days. During a calima the wind blowing from the East causes a warmer air and suspended sand and an increase in temperatures. They aren't as bad in the Winter season and they basically just give us some hotter than usual days, but those with asthma and breathing problems should take care as the air can get quite dusty.

It's still fine to sunbathe but take care with the wind as the sun is still very strong.
    Miss Norway likes this.
  14. Little update, the wind has gotten up again here in the South, it's whistling through my neighbour's tin roof off the hill and the sky was very hazy this afternoon. Unusually warm for a January evening.
    Miss Norway likes this.
  15. Miss Norway Active Member

It sounds good with the warm evenings, but I`m glad we didnt get the wind/calima. :) I cant belive we had such perfect weather our week in Puerto Rico. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.