Gran Canaria Weather - November 2012

Discussion in 'Gran Canaria Weather' started by Gran Canaria Blog, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Peter, I have given you a little bit of info about Gloria Palace Amadores in Puerto Rico and some photos on your introduction thread here:
    http://www.grancanariaforum.com/threads/hi-all.109025/

Regarding the weather, many of the weather sites for Gran Canaria give reports for the Airport or North of the island, which can be totally different to down here in the south. So whilst it could be raining in the mountains, it could be hot down here, so I only really rely on sticking my head out the window ;) OR looking on the government weather site and another Spanish weather forum, which then help me make reports on here.

At the moment in Arguineguin I can see bright blue skies and it's probably about 28ºc degrees out, mornings and evenings are slightly cooler and maybe you will need a light jacket, especially if you have been in the sun all day. Really we have the best weather in the world for this time of year, but we can get the odd cloudy day and it looks like we have a chance of rain either Sunday or Monday. When it does rain here, it's sometimes an hour of heavy rain and that's it, it goes back to being sunny and still warm when it does rain.
  2. peter davies New Member

Thanks for the weather info etc, can't wait to get there
    Gran Canaria Blog likes this.
  3. You're welcome! Today was a lovely day in Arguineguin, blue skies, sun shining and great sunbathing temperatures. Sunday is forecast 80% chance of rain.

[IMG]
  4. Bright and sunny this morning in Arguineguin, birds chirping that kind of thing :)
  5. Despite the weather warnings we have clear skies in the south of Gran Canaria but the rain has started in La Palma and Tenerife. The satellites still show us as being clear of cloud for now, so make the most of the sunshine today. Normally I wouldn't mind a rainy Sunday but I was looking forward to checking out the Christmas Market in Playa del Ingles this evening, so I hope the weather stays fine all day.
  6. Matthew Member

Just been viewing a webcam in Tenerife and it is hammering down there, but been viewing Minigolf Yumbo also it has gone gray in the last halfhour but i see no rain falling there :)
  7. Yes it has clouded over since my last post and just now they had a special storm segment on the Canarian news how Gran Canaria will see the storm later this afternoon and this evening. Snow on top of Mt Teide in Tenerife too!
    [IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  8. UPDATE: 2.40pm the temperature has dropped a little and there are now some dark grey clouds hovering! Such a difference from this morning and yesterday.
  9. UPDATE: 4.50pm it's just started raining here in Arguineguin and the wind is up. I'm feeling cold.... :)
  10. Matthew Member

Thank you for all the weather updates :) It is the same here in Wales cold wet and windy.
  11. I just got back from the Christmas Market in Playa del Ingles, and I'm glad the rain stopped, earlier on it was very heavy rain and wind and the sky went a creepy red colour.
  12. What a strange old day weather wise it has been! It started off cloudy here in Arguineguin with some rain, then a 1 second heavy shower and gradually the sunny skies made a come back with some gusty wind thrown in. We still have a warning for wind and rain until later on this evening but it doesn't look too bad at all.

The forecast is on/off showers with sunshine for the rest of the week:
    http://www.aemet.es/es/eltiempo/prediccion/municipios/mogan-id35012
    Miss Norway likes this.
  13. Another day of sunshine mixed with showers, it was warm in the day time but this evening has turned cooler, when I say cool it's probably still around 20ºc degrees or so, but I feel cold as I'm so used to hot weather. It could get windy as the week goes on with some big waves on the south coast, with some more showers and sunshine.
    Miss Norway likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.