Gran Canaria Weather - October 2012

Discussion in 'Gran Canaria Weather' started by Gran Canaria Blog, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [IMG]
    Wow can you believe it's October!?!! September seems to have flown by and here we are with just a few months left of the year already! October is usually still quite a hot month in the south of the island, although can be more variable in other parts of the island.

Many people, fans and readers were asking about the weather in Puerto Rico in October so we wrote up a little blog post here:
    http://www.puertoricograncanaria.com/blog/puerto-rico-in-october.html

In general the temperatures are still going to be hovering near 30ºc degrees for a little longer, evenings will cool down a little.

Today in Arguineguin, it's almost midday and it's a beach day! Whilst many places in Europe are experiencing horrific floods, here in the Canary Islands, it's like a Summer's day.
  2. Here in Arguineguin (south of Gran Canaria) we had some rain showers about an hour ago, very cloudy skies but the sun is trying to come out. :)
  3. Miss Norway Active Member

How is the temperature?
  4. It must be around 25ºc degrees at the moment, with a lovely fresh breeze. :)
    Miss Norway likes this.
  5. Miss Norway Active Member

I had a look at the webcam this morning (actually, I have a look many times a day..... :D ) and I saw that it was a bit cloudy. I could wish that the weather forum was in english. Is the pictures from up in the mountain near Las Palmas?
    Gran Canaria Blog likes this.
  6. Yes I love that forum! The photos where taken in Cruz de Tejeda, which can get quite cold in Winter time. I've seen snow up there on a few occasions :D
    Miss Norway likes this.
  7. Pretty blue skies today here in the south of the island. Forecasts show an increase in daytime temperatures due to a tropical storm 'Oscar' to the west in the Atlantic Ocean.
    Miss Norway likes this.
  8. A hot weekend with blue skies and a hot Monday too by the looks of it, after which the temperatures will descend to 'normal' of around 28ºc degrees. No weather warnings, no forecast of rain, so far so good - it's like Summer in October! :)
  9. Miss Norway Active Member

Sounds very good. :D Dont remember if I have asked you before, but how is the temperature in the evening in january?
  10. Miss Norway likes this.
  11. Miss Norway Active Member

12. Yesterday and today once again very hot days! Even Las Palmas and Telde were feeling the heat yesterday, when usually it's cooler the further north you venture on the island.

Here in the south today we once again have blue skies, hot sun and yes it really is October! Great weather if you have picked an Autumn holiday in Gran Canaria. Within the next few days the intense heat will drop slightly back to normal and the evenings will cool a little also. :)
    Miss Norway likes this.
  13. Miss Norway Active Member

Looked very nice! :D I`m counting days already! :D It doesn`t seem very crowded on the beach, compared to when we was there in easter.
  14. What a very boring weather report I have for you today :) hot, sunny, clear skies and temperatures around 30ºc degrees. According to AEMET we could have some cloudy/sunny days in the next few days with small chance of rain around Monday and Tuesday.
    Miss Norway likes this.
  15. Sunny then cloudy today but still very warm in the south of Gran Canaria. I took a drive to Maspalomas then Degollada de las Yeguas, which is a fantastic lookout point just a short drive from Playa del Ingles. The clouds looked quite intense up in the mountains and it was a couple of degrees cooler but still warm enough for shorts and t-shirt. Usually it can get quite cold there. There has been some drizzle in some parts but so far just cloudy here.

No weather warnings and forecast ahead from AEMET shows cloudy/sunny days.
    Miss Norway likes this.
  16. Ooh interesting weather today, still very hot and sunny with rain clouds in parts of the island. This afternoon on a visit to Telde, it was raining lightly for about 10 minutes but still warm. A quick drive to the mountains on the way back revealed some picturesque clouds and a huge raincloud toward the south, which soon blew out.

Reports from CazaTormentas forum, show that we could expect a drop in temperature when a new front comes in on Thursday, which is when we might get some rain, which at the moment is showing 70% on AEMET for here in the municipal of Mogan.
    Miss Norway likes this.
  17. Strangely humid this afternoon in Arguineguin, almost like a calima with a very hazy sky. We really need a good downpour to clear the skies and get the muggy feeling out of the air. We now have 95% chance of rain on Thursday here in the south-west according to AEMET who are usually very reliable.
    Miss Norway likes this.
  18. Another one of those funny days were it started cloudy and overcast but the sun has popped out. We do have some rain on the way, and a weather warning for heavy rain in the north of the island.
    Miss Norway likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.