Guayadeque Cave Accommodation

Discussion in 'Gran Canaria Excursions & Trips' started by Gran Canaria Blog, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Have you ever wanted to stay in a cave? Yes, a cave! My initial thought was a dark, damp cubby in the side of a cliff, but I was very wrong.

In the picturesque Guayadeque, Gran Canaria at the side of the traditional restaurant Tagoror there is cave accommodation or 'Casa Cueva Rural'.

[IMG]

As you can imagine, this is a real eye opener especially for those who have only experienced the touristy parts of the south of the Island. However, it's approximately one hour from the resort of Puerto Rico and also a lovely day out to have some Canarian food in Restaurante Tagoror, or explore the cave church and modern dwellings in a primitive setting at the base of the valley.

[IMG]

There are 4 cave house accommodations to choose from, or you can book all 4 for a special rate if you are in a group. There are also options to have breakfast, dinner and evening meal in Restaurante Tagoror, which has excellent service and delicious food in the most wonderful setting - a Labyrinth of cave rooms with tables and chairs which are carved out of solid rock.

At the back of the restaurant Tagoror and along the pathway from the Casas Rurales you will pass this mysterious cave.

[IMG]

Some beautiful scenery of poppies and cacti frame the mountains:
    [IMG]

This traditional style cave is a souvenir shop for the area. You can buy anything from jewellery, incense and natural Aloe Vera products like hand cream and perfumes. The first thing I noticed on entering the cave shop was it was nice and cool compared to the heat outside.

[IMG]

You can see more photos of Guayadeque in the gallery here. Would you ever stay in a cave house? Can you imagine how peaceful it would be?

If you would like more information on the Cave Accommodation in Guayadeque, click here.

Continue Reading in grancanariablog.com ..
    Miss Norway likes this.