Photo of the Day: White Hibiscus Flower in Puerto de Mogan

Discussion in 'Gran Canaria Photos' started by Gran Canaria Blog, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Flowers look so much nicer in their natural habitat than in vases or jars - in my opinion. On a recent trip to Puerto de Mogan (blog post coming soon with photos) I saw this white Hibiscus flower blowing softly in the breeze.

Hibiscus flowers can be seen all over the island in red or white and seem to love the tropical climate.

I'm in no way a flower expert, but after a little googling I discovered they are also known as Rose Mallow plus have health benefits when used as tea.

[IMG]

To quote wikipedia:
    The red hibiscus flower is traditionally worn by Tahitian women. A single flower, tucked behind the ear, is used to indicate the wearer's availability for marriage.

Do you have a favourite plant or flower?

[IMG]
    Do you enjoy my blog posts? Love finding out about Gran Canaria and all of it's secrets? Then follow Gran Canaria Blog on the internet! <3
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | GALLERY | FORUM

Continue Reading in grancanariablog.com ..
    Miss Norway likes this.
  2. Miss Norway Active Member

There is a lot of red hibiscus outside Portonovo hotel i Puerto Rico, and they are beautiful. :) No, I dont have a favourit flower, but I think that the wild flowers wich we have here in Norway in the summer is beautiful. :)
    Gran Canaria Blog likes this.
  3. Miss Norway Active Member

This is from July 2010.

[IMG]
  4. Stunning photo! I love purple wild flowers, they pop out from all that green.
    Miss Norway likes this.
  5. Miss Norway Active Member

Thank you! :) The summer here in the north/middel of Norway is beautiful, and I really love it! :D