Puerto Rico Sunday Market

Discussion in 'Gran Canaria Shopping' started by Gran Canaria Blog, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Every 2 weeks from Sunday 23rd September there will be an Agricultural and Livestock Market in the Puerto Rico park area. The market opens at 8.30am – 2pm.
    30 vendors will be selling quality and well priced goods from fruits such as mango, avocado, bananas, vegetables, honey, wine, cheese, marmalades and plants. It’s a great opportunity to purchase fresh produce from the island.

[IMG]

Continue reading...
    Miss Norway likes this.
  2. The farmers market is on tomorrow in Puerto Rico park (18th November and every other Sunday) haven't had chance to go yet but I hear good things about it. Maybe I will pick up some fresh products and fruit. Have you been to this market yet? What do you think about it?
  3. Miss Norway Active Member

Never heard about this market before. Is it new? I will have a look if its there when I`m coming to Puerto Rico later this winter. :)
  4. Yes it is new for this year, the first one was on 23rd September! I went for the first time today and took some photographs which I'm currently uploading, the market is a very good feature for the resort and all the stall holders were wearing traditional clothing. :)
    Miss Norway likes this.
  5. Miss Norway Active Member

I think it is about time that something more is happening in Puerto Rico, so this is a very good ting! I`m looking forward to se your pictures. :)
    Gran Canaria Blog likes this.
  6. Miss Norway likes this.
  7. The Sunday market in Puerto Rico park seems to have gained much popularity since we last visited and we love how many people it is bringing to the nearby bars and restaurants too.
    The traditional market is every other Sunday in the park near to Arts and Sand the new other feature to the park. The stall holders all wear traditional Canarian clothing and sell fresh produce like aniseed bread, olives and fruit.
    [IMG]
    After a stroll round the market, we wanted a refreshing drink and it was no surprise that nearby Tango and La Bolera area was packed to the brim! There was entertainment on and everybody was enjoying a sing song!
    [IMG]
    Carrying on through the crowd, we thought to try out the new Cafelito Bar on the corner of the Shopping Center. They do a great cafe con leche and the interior is interesting too.
    [IMG]
    Have you checked out the Sunday market in Puerto Rico yet? The next one is on 24th March.

Continue reading...
    Miss Norway likes this.
  8. Miss Norway likes this.